View Related Practice Areas

Highway Accidents & Highway Design Defects

Maintaining the safety of public property is the responsibility of the governing municipality. This includes the design, construction and maintenance of interstates, highways and roads. Failure to provide safe roadways can result in catastrophic or fatal accidents involving cars, trucks, motorcycles, bicycles and pedestrians.

When a vehicle accident is caused by a defective roadway, injury victims need a lawyer who has experience bringing lawsuits against municipalities. Many law firms choose not to take these cases because of their complexity. However, Olive|Bearb Law Group, PLLC, has the resources and skilled attorneys to fight city, county and state governments. You can rely on our trial experience and our aggressive approach to recovering compensation for clients.

Representing Victims Of Poor Highway Design In Washington State

There are countless ways that highways and other roads can be defective and cause accidents. A few of the most common include:

  • Defective intersection design
  • Poorly marked pedestrian crossings, bike lanes and school zones
  • Poorly marked road construction zones
  • Poorly maintained roads
  • Defective traffic lights
  • Obstructed traffic signs
  • No guardrails or median
  • Uneven pavement

These types of problems with roadways can result in accidents such as head-on collisions, T-bone collisions and rollovers. They may also lead to vehicles hitting pedestrians and bicyclists, including children.

Injury victims can suffer broken bones, amputations, spinal cord injuries, back and neck injuries, traumatic brain injuries and internal organ damage. The result may be temporary or permanent disability and disfigurement, or wrongful death.

We will relentlessly pursue compensation from the negligent parties, including the municipality responsible for maintaining the road. You may recover damages for medical expenses, loss of income and benefits, and pain and suffering.

Please Contact Us Today

To schedule a free consultation, please call 206-629-9262. You may also contact us online.